life

"If boys don't learn, men won't know" - Douglas Wilson

Monday, April 28, 2014

New Kid On The Block

Hello blogosphere,

This is the first post on what is the official blog of Double T CrossFit. We will share what we see happening in the community, whats happening in crossfit, and what we determine is important and vital to our members and readers. This could be a place for rants and discussions or it might be a place for elite level programming only time will tell and i'm excited to share in this journey with you. 

First off I'd like to introduce myself I'm Joseph Robert Guesnier, 

Birthdate: July 16, 1990

South Plains All Star football team 2008
U.S National Sanshou team 2009 75Kg
CrossFit South Central Regional competitor 2013
CrossFit South Central Regional competitor 2014
3 - individual crossfit competition 1st place finishes

I played football, and baseball growing up but gave up baseball before I started high school to concentrate on football. When I didn't get any offers to play college ball I started fighting so I could keep competing and keep testing my self. I soon lost interest in being small enough to fight, so I began lifting heavy again and tried to walk on to Texas Tech's football team. I didn't make the team, but soon found Crossfit competitions and began training I started on my own at the Tech rec room and at Bodyworks. I also started going to 3.2.1. Go which affiliated and became Flatland CrossFit. This is where I've honed my skills and found a love for the sport and community. I will be opening my own gym Double T CrossFit soon. I'm also married to the love of my life Taylor, and we have two dogs Roux, and Bane.

I hope this answers any questions you may have and I hope you'll stay tuned in to what this blog grows feel free to comment or criticize.

No comments:

Post a Comment